POLYTECHNIC FOR WOMEN
Established in 1963
Our Golden Jubilee Year :1963 - 2013
Tours & Trips
Run for Diabetic Awareness , 25 Oct, 2015.
Love you – Poly’s Holistic Students! Always there, for a good cause!
Very precious, sporting and fitness-loving Holistics came ,ran and conquered our hearts! What was great, was to turn up (despite our beloved South Delhi Polytechnic for Women being closed for Hols)@ 5am! ( A special thank you to Hostel Wardens to come down at that unearthly hour and handout our Bib NOs & Goody Bags. And also, to let us use the Mess Loos;)
1st-yr Holistic Students were specially INCREDIBLE! Imagine, they were still dancing with d Zumba DJ at the 'Warm Up area' (after doing 6Kms & 11Kms), coolly yelling out, "Cooling Down, Mam!"
Special Mention: Interesting eclectic gathering and wasunique reaching Nehru Stadium in the dark...the AWESOME Sunita Godhare (the 1st Woman Marathoner of India) was all over the place -pepping up, briefing and counselling one and everyone; Love you – Poly’s Holistic Students! Always there, for a good cause!
Pinkathon-A run for Breast Cancer Patients
Please do come and CHEER for us! Rather brave of us to enroll, don't you think? Considering the humidity and heat levels in the capital city that day .Right now.16 of us are participating in all categories.10 of us (including one ageing teacher!) in 10kms, 4 in 5Kms and 2 in 3kms.
Postscript: We all did it! Do not miss the ‘Super Medals, we all got!
POLY HOLISTICS AND THE SHIMLA MARATHON
(Curiously the around the time the Holistic Marathoners were sitting in their Volvo from Janpath TO Victory Tunnel, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh >This group of Art / MediaTeachers& Students, were getting onto a bus at St.Andrews Bus Station at Edinburgh to reach SeaGate Bus Station Dundee,Scotland).So our Polytech was really jetsetting this time. Two groups of students that set off on divergent routes and for diverse purposes!
Dear Holistic Marathoners,
1) Remember, we are doing an overnight journey>PLEASE DRESS DISCREETLY!
3) Biscuits, juice & safe drinking water: for the journey +Tiffin box with dinner!
(We will discourage you from getting off the Volvo, during the night.)
4) Crocin or Paracetamol tablets
5) Vaseline/paraffin wax>for before the race to prevent chafing!
6) Crepe bandage and ointment/spray for sprain (eg: relaxyl, moov, volini, myolisin etc
7) Lemon drops or menthol toffees or Hajmola.
8) 1 BANANA+1 CARTON OF JUICE + choc bar for pre-race nutrition/carbo-loading
9) Hand sanitizer/box of tissue napkins + towel +comb (Always use your own!)
10) 2 CARDIGANS (full sleeve)
11) 1 pair of leggings (Shimla is v.cold!)
12) 2 PAIRS OF SOCKS.(one 'thick woolens' and one ‘light and airy')
13) 1 JACKET OR WINDCHEATER
14) ONE SHAWL(that can double up as a kambal!)
15) 1 UMBRELLA OR RAINCOAT with hat/waterproof cap
16) Some detergent.
17) 1 Torch + Mobile phone charger
18) 2 PAIRS OF SHOES.(one for running and 1 for lots of walking)
19) LOCKS for your luggage bag/suitcase.
20) Water proof folder:to bring safely back-your certificate & Medal!
FOREIGN STUDY TOUR
Exciting visit of Students and Teachers from South Delhi Polytechnic for Women to Dundee College, Scotland , UK Under “Jute “ project run by (UKIERI) ‘Sep – Oct 2010 ‘
Poly Holistics and Shimla Marathon - 2011
The fitness cell was very active at the Department of Holistic Health & Fitness.
19 students and teachers with great enthusiasm and verve participated in the
Shimla Half Marathon. They also explored the natural and heritage sites of the Himachal region.
Conference on “Innovation in education”
Conference on “Innovation in education” on 26th Aug’2010 at The Lalit – New Delhi organised by the Times of India group.
Dr. Reyhan Chaudhuri was the panelist for New Gen Teaching Crafts: Vocationalisation of Education.
Vocational Education Training is one of the most important elements of nation’s education initiative. In order for vocational education to play its part effectively and for India to enjoy the fruits of its rich demographic profile, it becomes imperative to redefine the vital elements of imparting vocational education to make them contemporary, relevant , creative and inclusive. This session will focus on ways and means to strengthen vocational initiatives.
Key topics of discussion:
Harpreet Arora faculty (HOD) Jewellery Design also attended the conference.