The fulltime Hostel for girls was started 44 years ago, for Outstation Students. This was to provide a safe and securely surrounded residence. It is fully equipped to accommodate 200 students. There are 72 air-cooled rooms and the outstanding feature is that each room has an attached bathroom / toilet. It is fully equipped to accommodate 120 students.
There are spacious and elegant Dining Halls, with wrought-iron furniture. A unique feature is the personalised supervision of the Mess, to provide healthy and well balanced meals. The Hostel also has Visitors' and T.V. Lounge, Telephone & Fax facilities. There are other optional intermittent recreational amenities like the: Internet, Table Tennis and a Multi Gym.
It would be pertinent to add that one set of rooms (on both floors) face east, to the rising sun. The opposite set of rooms, face our leafy green campus.
A hostel may be the best years of College. Where firm friendships may outlast life! However, always a time comes to feel homesick. Specially, if one is ailing or unwell. Hence, we take great care to keep the ambience student-friendly. This is with medical facilities and motherly female wardens.
* Do not forget to read The special mention, in the box below.
|Due to an acute shortage of accommodation in Delhi, there is a great demand for Hostel Seats. To add to this, Senior Students continue to stay on in the Hostel. Thus, there are limited numbers of seats for new students. Students therefore, once admitted to the Hostel shall not be allowed to become Day Scholars. On doing so, they may not be allowed to pursue their studies.
Parents / Guardians are therefore requested to think twice, before applying for a Hostel Seat. Do not deprive another student of a seat, thoughtlessly.
1. Students must bring their own mattresses/bedding/blankets/linen/toiletries (including buckets & mugs) / Tiffin boxes/thermos flasks.
2. Students must keep their rooms neat and clean, as befits a Polytechnic student. The sweeper shall sweep only the floors.
3. The Polytechnic and the Hostel, will not be responsible for loss of any cash, jewels or other valuables. Special arrangements can be made for depositing them, with the Warden.
4. The Students will have to bear the expenses of washing and ironing of their clothes.
5. There is generally a gas cooking range on disposal for students, to make beverages or cook light snacks, if desired.
(The cooking ingredients however, have to be got by them and not stealthily filched from the Kitchen Store.)
6. Students who specify at the time of Admissions: Vegetarian / Non-Vegetarian / Vegetarian with Eggs, will not be allowed to change their dietary specifications, during the Term.
7. Students are allowed to go solely at their own risk (but preferably initially, in pairs or groups ) only during the daylight hours, after signing the Wardens' Register and with an honest mention of their intended destination.
This rule is to assist towards their safe return.
8. It is essential that every Student of the Hostel has a living Guardian, residing in Delhi.
9. Students will be allowed to meet visitors (whose photographs are attached to the Forms) on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. In Summer: Between 5p.m. and 7p.m. In Winter: between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
10. Kindly give genuine emergency contact numbers of parents and guardians. This is to ensure the safety of your ward and it shall only be used on an urgent or pressing occasion.